Sunday, August 9, 2009

Genealogy Journal - 9 August 2009

I tried to get back in the swing of genealogy things, but real life interrupted me...

For the missing days, please go read for the Grandpa Camp posts from 3 August to 7 August.

On Saturday, I got Lucas ready to go home, we played some catch in the yard, and we left for the airport at 8:30 a.m. After going to the ticket counter, through security, waiting to board the airplane, and then waiting for the plane to be in the air (a requirement for unaccompanied minors' guardians), I finally left the airport at 11:30.

Then it was off to the SDGS meeting, ice cream social, and business meeting. I was home by 2 p.m. While I was gone, the Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post was published.

When I got home, I read my email and blogs, worked more on the CVGS newsletter, and then wrote Which Family Tree Maker version to use?

We left at 5 p.m. for dinner at Rubio's and the Padres game (won again, 3-1). We were home by 11 pm.. and I read email and blogs but not much else.

On Sunday, 9 August, I was online early reading email, then put finishing touches on the CVGS Newsletter, printed a black and white copy for copying, made it a PDF and then went off to church. Got home at 11:30 a.m., and made some minor corrections, printed off the mailing labels, grabbed a snack, and at 12:15 p.m. headed for the UPS Store. Virginia and Susi helped copy, stamp, label, fold and tape the 25 copies we send out via postal service. Then we treated ourselves to Chinese food for lunch.

Home by 1:45 p.m., I wrote the Best of the Genea-Blogs post, tweeted about it, read blogs and Twitter. Printed off a 23-page report for my friend Ed, and three marriage certificates I found at the FHLC in January. We left at 3 p.m. to visit Ed and Maria, then over to Panera Bread in Coronado for dinner, drove around the beach for awhile, then to Lamb's Players Theater for the "Leaving Iowa" play at 6 p.m. We both dozed through the first half, so we left at intermission. It was a good play...but we were exhausted.

We were home by 7:30 p.m. - tested the new GPS system all the way home. It knows the way to our house. We'll play with it more and take it with us on our vacation in the Midwest. I read the paper and watched ESPN until 8:30, when Linda got off the computer. I read email and blogs, then checked Facebook, answered several emails, and then wrote this post. Early to be tonight - I need my beauty rest!

No comments: