Monday, May 18, 2009

Family History Journal - 05/16 - 05/18/2009

The family fun took over my life this weekend, with a couple of genealogy highlights thrown in.

I was up early on Saturday because I had to give my 101 presentation at the CGSSD meeting. Lori, Linda and the boys stayed home because they were exhausted from Friday and not feeling well. I went off at 8:30 to the CGSSD meeting, attended the RootsMagic class (but edited my presentation a bit while half listening) and then made my presentation at 10:30 a.m. The room was pretty full, and the attendees seemed to appreciate the talk. I was home by 1 p.m. I made up my Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post on the spot - turned out pretty good - maybe the best response so far. I played with the boys after their nap, and at 5 p.m. we all went off to the Padres game on the trolley. We ate at Petco Park (5 hot dogs, 5 drinks and peanuts, popcorn and cookies for $10 total). We left in the 7th inning with the Pads behind 5-2, and were home by 10 p.m. to see the 9th inning on. It went 16 innings, Pads won 6-5. I was almost asleep when Michael called Lori to say he had a flat tire in Linda's car on I-5 south of San Clemente. The flasher lights didn't work, but he managed to change the tire and got home by 1 a.m. Genealogy on Saturday was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 0.5 hours writing blog posts, and 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting.

I read my email early on Sunday, but had to work with the boys until Michael and Lori got up. They took the Lincoln went off to a beach party at Camp Pendleton and then to friends in Escondido, and didn't come home until 7:30 p.m. I drove Linda to church in the Mercury, then went to Costco to get new tires. That took until 12:30 p.m. which put me seriously behind schedule. I spent the afternoon creating my class 2 handout and presentation for the Beginning Computer Genealogy class I'm teaching. That was done by 5 p.m., and we went out to dinner at Daphnes. Back home at 6 p.m., I wrote the Best of the Genea-Blogs post and the family came home. I helped with the boys then we all watched Desperate Housewives (two hours). Oops, no time to write a Geneaholic post again! Genealogy on Sunday was 7.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, and 4.0 hours working on my class work.

Monday dawned and Linda took Michael to the airport before 6. I had the boys in the morning until 8:30 when I got ready to go off to teach my OASIS class. I got there at 9:45, got set up (the power cord for their laptop was missing, I used mine), and taught my class. I was home by 1 p.m. and had lunch. Linda, Lori and the boys got home from the zoo at 1:30, and they took a nap. I posted Searching Online for Genealogy Data and then took a nap. The boys woke up, and I did nothing but check email, read blogs and Twitter/Facebook for the rest of the night. I tried to watch 24 but the damn TV was messed up on that channel and Lucas was trying to go to sleep in the bedroom with the other TV. Drat. Genealogy on Monday was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 0.5 hour writing blog posts, and 2.5 hours on my OASIS class work.

I hope to be almost back to full genealogy strength on Tuesday - gotta take Lori and the boys to the airport in the morning, and will probably take a nap in the afternoon! Blogging can wait!

No comments: