Thursday, May 7, 2009

Family History Journal - 05/07/09

Ah, the softness of little hands and feet, and blown kisses from a one year old. I had Lolo and Audrey all morning, until Linda came home and took Lolo to the Padres game at 11:30. I had Audrey by myself until 2:30 when Tami came to pick up the girls.

Before they woke up, I snuck in and read my email, but I couldn't read blogs until Audrey had her 10:30 nap, and I was able to post Genealogy Society Newsletters before she woke up at 12 noon. We watched TV, took a walk out front, watched the birds in the back, and kind of hung out in my recliner blowing kisses and practicing "Go Padres!" and then crawling on the floor together. Oh, we ate lunch too - she had a wonderful concoction of Gerber's squash with a granola bar treat for dessert. I had VegBeef soup and Oreo cookies. I was so relieved when Tami arrived, and took Audrey out shopping.

I immediately posted CVGS Library Booklist and Recent CVGS Newsletters are on online, then went to work on the ten page CVGS newsletter for May. All of my reporters provided material, so all I have to do is squeeze it all in. I got about six pages done before 5 p.m. when Linda and Lolo came back from the Padres game (we won 4-3 in 10 innings over the Snakes). We called Tami and met her at Rubio's in Otay Ranch for dinner. We ate outside in the shade - Lolo chased big bubbles from another kid's father. Audrey ate her quesadilla, tried some black beans, and had a great time sucking through a straw for the first time. We got home by 6:15, and Linda and Lolo put the dessert together and we had a birthday party for Audrey and Mother's Day card exchange. I gave the girls a bath while Tami packed up, and they left for home by 7:30. Whew!

Linda used the computer for awhile, then at 8 p.m. I had my ProGen group chat about teaching and lecturing. After that, Mark and I chatted for a bit about blogging. Finally, I read my email, blogs and Twitter before finally writing When will be unveiled? I've been wanting to do that for awhile. Then this post and I'm done - the girls should make this old grandpa tired, but satisfied. I may post some Audrey pix to Facebook sometime soon.

Genealogy today was 6.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.5 hours writing five blog posts, 2.0 hours working on the CVGS newsletter, and 1.5 hours chatting with my ProGen colleagues.

No comments: