Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Genealogy Journal - 12/10/08

What a full genealogy day. I did take time to clean up, eat three meals, take a nap and kiss my wife goodnight, but it was hectic.

Today was the day of the CVGS Holiday Luncheon, and I needed to be at the Library by 10 a.m. to help set up for the 11 a.m. start. I read my email and blogs, then wrote Family Photographs - Post 33: Wedding Announcement. I made 10 more programs for the meeting, then made 10 award certificates for my Board members. We put the green bean casserole on the stove to heat up at 9 a.m. and I got everything in the car ready to go by 9:45 a.m. I stopped at the post office to mail the rest of our Christmas cards and check the CVGS mailbox. At the Library, folks were moving tables and chairs around, getting the food tables and the gift tables arranged, and folks straggled in over the next hour. Susi had to pick up the turkey and ham at 10 a.m. and got there at about 10:30. We were ready to start our meeting a few minutes after 11.

The meeting went well, everybody had a lot to eat (this is one of the best potlucks ever, I think), and I handed the gavel off to Gary for the next term. We were done by 2 p.m. and I was home by 2:30. I wrote about the luncheon in CVGS Holiday Luncheon Highlights on Genea-Musings and the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe. I was really sleepy after this (and the platefuls of food) and went in to take a nap while watching TV news. After the nap, I read the paper, watched more news and we had dinner.

I was back on the computer by 7 p.m. and sent the Genealogy News Summary for December to the CVGS email list, then posted it on the CV Genealogy Cafe blog. Back on Genea-musings, I wrote Dear Genea-Santa then realized I needed to complete printing my Family Journal pages - only 3 pages left! Should be a snap. The second page snagged in the printer and it took me 30 minutes to find the right button to push on the HP printer to extract the crumpled remains. When it was fixed, I had lost only one sheet of paper, and printed the rest of them with no problems. I will collate the 16-page Family Journal tomorrow and hopefully mail the envelopes to my cousins and brothers on Friday. While the printer was going, I explored the new databases on Ancestry, read some emails and checked out the FGS FORUM magazine. Then this post and I'm off to bed.

Genealogy today was 10.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Facebook, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 5.5 hours on CVGS activities, and 1.5 hours doing the Family Journal.

1 comment:

Becky Thompson said...

Boy, a 10.5 hour genealogy day is a perfect day, I'd say! Happy for you!