Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Family History Journal - 02/24-26/08

We're back from our birthday bash for 3-year old Lolo at Disneyland. We drove up on Sunday morning and met Lolo and family at 9:15 at the hotel, then went to Disneyland. We were inside the gates by 10 a.m and it was raining, so we did indoors things. After Buzz Lightyear, Autopia, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Snow White, and Winnie the Pooh we had lunch, then Linda and I broke away and did Pirates of the Caribbean, the Columbia Riverboat and Thunder Mountain (never again!). We met up with the kids and went back to check in at the hotel, and take a short nap. We were in Downtown Disney by 5:30 for Lolo's birthday dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. It was fun, although Lolo's friend Abigail was scared of the thunder and lightning, which went off four times while we were there. The Elephants trumpeted and the Gorillas chattered, and we had a Volcano ice cream dessert with a candle.

I checked the Internet when we got back to the hotel, but the wireless wasn't working in the room so I went down to the business center and read email, Bloglines and posted on Genea-Musings.

On Monday morning, we were off by 9:15 a.m. and were there when the Park opened at 10. Buzz Lightyear (again), the Princess show (the girls waited for 20 minutes then decided they didn't want to be princesses after all - they wanted to ride things) and Toontown were experienced before lunch. After lunch, we took off and walked down Main Street, went to California Adventure and had an ice cream and experienced Soaring over California. Pretty cool. Then it was back to the hotel all pooped out and out for dinner and then to bed. I read email and posted on Genea-Musings after we got back - the wireless worked OK.

We slept in today, had breakfast and headed home. I posted a note on Genea-Musings before we left. We were home by 12:15 p.m. and had lunch, and Linda read and answered her email for about an hour. I read my email on the laptop and then glommed onto the computer when she went out. I read Bloglines and posted 3 items on Genea-Musings during the afternoon. Then I did more testing of the new Ancestry search interface and provided feedback on it.

After dinner, I worked on the CVGS handouts for tomorrow, then input a lot of the recently acquired census and other information on the Vaux cousins in both the Vaux and Master databases.

There wasn't much genealogy done on Sunday and Monday - just reading and posting previously prepared blog articles from the hotel. But we made a lot of family history - Lolo should remember sharing Disneyland rides with Grandpa and Grandma, and I will certainly remember them!

Genealogy today was a total of 8.0 hours - 1.0 hour reading email and Bloglines, 1.5 hours blogging, 1.5 hours testing the new Ancestry search and providing feedback, 2.0 hours doing CVGS stuff and 2.0 hours feeding my databases new information.

No comments: